Wednesday, September 19, 2012

iOS 6 Is Now Available

My iPod Touch 4th generation has just allowed me to begin upgrading to iOS 6 through "Settings-General-Software Update."

I'll update this post to report how the upgrade process goes, and then I will have another post later today with a first review of iOS 6!

UPDATE 3 [14:08]: :) The final installation which had a white progress bar below a white Apple logo on a black screen took about 28 minutes, and iOS 6 is now installed and working on my iPod Touch!!! The whole upgrade process from the start of download to completion was only 61 minutes! My hat's off to Apple so far for the quick and smooth upgrade, and I'll be back with another post reviewing iOS 6 after I take it for a spin around the block.

Oh, and it has a beautiful animated dissolving Apple logo at startup! :)

UPDATE 2 [13:39]: The "Preparing Update..." phase took about 25 minutes. It then asked me to agree to "Terms and Conditions," then it took less than a minute "Verifying Update," restarted, and now has a progress bar which is probably the final installation of iOS 6.

UPDATE 1 [13:12]: The download appears to have finished in less than 5 minutes over a slowish Wi-Fi connection! This certainly astounds me considering how busy Apple's servers must be!! It is now "Preparing Update..."

No comments:

Post a Comment